Thank you for all you’ve done to support Kim Schlossberg Designs during our first twelve years.
This year we’re celebrating twelve years in business, and I am filled with gratitude for everyone who helped Kim Schlossberg Designs grow and thrive. Not a day has gone by that I haven’t thought about all the people who have helped me get to this point. It wasn’t easy, but I forced myself to narrow my thanks down to the top twelve. If you’re seeing this post, consider yourself part of at least one of these groups of people I want to sincerely thank.
The Twelve Thanks
- Thank you to my clients for allowing and encouraging me to do good, creative work. But more than that, your success and hard work inspire me. You’ve trusted me with your dreams, and I’m so proud of being allowed to in some small way contribute to your success.
- I owe so much to my community of women in business, first NAWBO, then the Business Mavens and now Lakewood Women in Business and many other amazing women I’ve met along the journey. I have long shared Darlene’s philosophy of “make friends first and the business will follow,” and it has proven true in my life and my business. I am forever grateful to the business women who are my friends and business associates.
- A big part of the success of Kim Schlossberg Designs is thanks to the Andersen diaspora. You were there for me from day one (before!) and continue to support my business today. We’re all survivors, and it’s heartwarming the way we remain supportive to each other. Most of us are celebrating a 12-year anniversary of some sort, and I want to congratulate all of you on your continued success.
- I love working with non-profits, and am grateful for the opportunities you give me. The good that my work can do is multiplied when I work with organizations making a meaningful difference in the world. You inspire me on a daily basis.
- “Contractor” doesn’t seem like a powerful enough word for the team of professionals who help me serve our clients. I would not be able to do any of this without the marketing gurus, designers, artists, writers, web developers, photographers, public relations pros, and all the others who come together to help us help our clients grow.
- I’m especially honored and grateful to the interns who have stopped by at the beginning of what should prove to be very successful and happy careers. Please don’t forget you promised to stay in touch.
- I would like to thank my Toastmasters family (the old one and the new one). I would not have been able to even consider running a business, let alone building one on networking and referrals, if you hadn’t taught me how to speak to people. Some of my best friendships were forged in our Toastmasters group, and my life would be very different and sad without you.
- A business like this can’t be run without the support of so many other businesses, including printers, paper vendors, promotional products, sign-makers – so many that bring life to the ideas we have with our clients.
- My family and lifelong friends. Thank you for the support, and for never telling me if you thought I was crazy!
- Would it be weird to thank LinkedIn and other social media platforms for helping me keep up with all my old friends?
- My artist, design and marketing communities have been so very supportive and continue to inspire me, and to help me stretch both professionally and creatively.
- There are a number of very wise, creative bloggers and writers who I’ve never met in person who teach and inspire me regularly. When we work “alone” (sic – see 1 through 11) it’s important to regularly seek new ideas. A lot of those ideas come from friends and colleagues. And a lot come from cyber friends. Watch this space and I’ll occasionally share what I learn from them.
If you’d like to continue to hear what’s going on at Kim Schlossberg Designs, and what I’ve been thinking about marketing, design, small business, social media, and non-profits, please click here to subscribe to my newsletter list. I promise I won’t bug you too often, and you’ll always be able to unsubscribe.